At Dr. Roy E. Scott Orthodontics Inc., we are committed to doing our very best to protect the safety of our patients, staff, and public while providing the highest quality care. We want you to know that our offices have ALWAYS received the highest recognition for cleanliness and sterilization practices and are following all CDC and ADA guidelines regarding disinfection protocols.
In accordance with Governor DeWine’s recommendations, we are reopening our practice on May 4, 2020 with new COVID-19 safety protocols which you need to be aware of when you visit our office.
If you have a dry cough or loss of taste and smell, fever, headache, and/or shortness of breath, please contact your primary care doctor for treatment and reschedule your appointment with our office to a later date.
New Guidelines – What to expect
- When arriving at the office please call our office to let us know that you have arrived. Please wait in your car until we call or text you to enter the office. Patients will not be using the self-check in kiosk. We will check you in once you arrive.
- Patients over the age of 8 should come alone; patients under age 8 may be accompanied by one parent or guardian. The reception areas have been reconfigured to permit social distancing.
- Patients and parents entering the office will be required to wear a mask or similar item, such as a bandanna, that covers their nose and mouth. We cannot admit any patient into the office without a mask.
- Temperatures will be taken on anyone entering the office.
- Patients and parents may be asked questions to determine if they are at high risk for having had or been exposed to someone who has had COVID-19. Please let us know immediately if you are feeling sick and we will reschedule your appointment.
- Surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized between patients.
- Please follow any directions given by a staff member to help us maintain our highest standards for cleanliness and sanitization
- For patients: Please read and be prepared: WE HAVE DISCONTINUED THE TOOTH BRUSHING areas. Please brush your teeth thoroughly prior to arriving for your appointment. In the event a patient’s oral hygiene is not adequate enough to safely work in their mouth, we may decide not to work on you that day and you will be rescheduled.
- Please call us once your child returns to your car so we know they’ve gotten back to you safely and we can schedule the next appointment.
We have been getting numerous calls regarding how to make payments in light of the COVID 19 outbreak. First of all, let me be clear, we do not want anyone possibly exposing themselves or anyone else by attempting to get a payment to our office. Handling envelopes and postage stamps are probably not the safest ways to deal with payments at this time. Our SSL, 256-bit encrypted website is more than capable of securely getting your payment to us. We will also be waving any late fees while we are all dealing with this pandemic. If you would like to make a payment, you can simply click on this link Finance & Payment Options to take you there.
The American Dental Association; The American Association of Orthodontists; Ohio Dept. of Health; and OSHA are still reviewing best practices so we are quite sure some protocols will change over time.
Thank you for your cooperation during this challenging time. Please call our office with any questions or concerns at 330-372-3200 in Warren.
Dr. Roy E. Scott and staff